If you are…
…a farmer or an agronomist with a solid experience working with farmers.
And you have several years of practical work on the ground:
- implementing sustainable agriculture in developing/emerging countries => you can put yourself in the shoes of a small producer
- developing solutions that deliver tangible results => you can plan and coordinate projects in their human, financial and technical aspects
- driving change in rural communities => you understand social dynamics and how to track them
You have strong leadership and communication skills. You are passionate about soil, plants, husbandry and you believe that agriculture should be more sustainable: that it is possible to feed the planet while protecting the natural resources and providing a decent living to family farmers.
You want to act concretely by bringing your energy and your creativity.
This may be a great time to join us at Livelihoods Venture:
- A social business with a mission to foster sustainable family farming, especially in developing countries. For that we co-develop, with private and public partners, large scale projects delivering economic, social and environmental benefits
- An investor that brings the financial resources to implement the projects with the support of companies and public institutions.
- A fast-growing start-up with enthusiastic and professional people working closely together to invent and implement new solutions
In this new and permanent position based in Paris (with travels up to 30%), you will be responsible for coordinating all key steps of Livelihoods Funds’ projects with rural communities:
– Build an efficient working atmosphere with all project stakeholders;
– Be a source of proposals and creativity regarding the orientation given to new large-scale and long-term projects (10 years) in favour of smallholder farmers; identify best-in-class agricultural and technical models adapted to local geographies for farmers and company buyers;
– Co-build the technical model of impactful rural and agri-business projects with technical experts, NGOs, private companies and Livelihoods business development team. Contribute to the alignment of this stakeholder coalition on the ambitions of the Livelihoods Funds’ projects;
– Be present in all project’ steps to present solutions and convince a large panel of stakeholders, nurture partnerships with a local project developer during the different project phases;
– Steer, structure and coordinate all project activities with the local technical partner(s) to deliver qualitative and quantitative results expected by Livelihoods Funds’ investors within timeframe and budget constraints;
– Implement KPI’s to monitor the measure of project impacts across the full value chain.
Occasional work as required on other related projects.
If you want to be part of the adventure…
Send us your CV and cover letter demonstrating >10 years of relevant professional experience, English fluency and track-record of the above here :Job Application
You want to know more about how Livelihoods Funds foster sustainable agriculture?
Go behind the scenes with two of our project coordinators to learn more about their work at Livelihoods Venture.