THE LIVELIHOODS FUNDS ARE LOOKING FOR ENTRUSTED FIELD PARTNERS TO SCALE-UP PROJECTS FOR PEOPLE, CLIMATE & BIODIVERSITY
There is no more time to lose. After 10 years of successful partnerships with field organizations on impactful projects and in various geographies, the Livelihoods Funds accelerate their action. We have just launched a new Livelihoods Carbon Fund of 150 M€ to fund large scale projects that will generate positive impact on climate and the livelihoods of rural communities. We are now looking for partners to co-develop and implement long-term projects.
Are you an NGO, a social business, a cooperative… working closely with rural and agricultural communities whose livelihoods strongly depend on the natural resources they live by? Have you successfully implemented projects that combine social, economic impact with environmental action? Let’s join forces. Together, we will build a partnership based on mutual trust, complementary skills, and common values to generate positive impact.
We are looking for projects in three main areas
The Livelihoods Carbon Funds support rural communities become actors of change: restore or preserve their natural ecosystems and improve their livelihoods by transitioning to sustainable agriculture. Are you also convinced that climate change, rural poverty and biodiversity preservation are interlinked? You can submit a project proposal in on the three areas below:
RESTORATION / CONSERVATION
OF NATURAL & HIGH BIODIVERSITY ECOSYSTEMS,
with a special focus on wetland & mangrove restoration, REDD+, reforestation…
REGENERATIVE AGRICULTURE & AGROFORESTRY,
to foster low carbon, sustainable farming practices and improve the livelihoods of rural communities.
that help improve households’ lives such cookstoves, methanisers, biodigesters…
How will you benefit from our partnership?
Convinced that the restoration of natural ecosystems is inseparable from the fight for the dignity of men & women to make a living from the land they cultivate, Livelihoods’ action has been driven by the following key principles since 2009:
- Pre-financing & sharing risks.
- Long-term investment & commitment: we finance 10 to 20-year projects.
- Co-design of the project activities.
- A close partnership based on a relationship of trust you have built with the local communities: our joint project will succeed thanks to their strong envolvement.
- The fruits of Livelihoods projects belong to the communities: they will keep the produce from their forests, farms, fisheries to increase their food security & income.
- Large-scale projects of more than 1,000 hectares to achieve a systemic change.
- Advisory & technical support on how to monitor & evaluate the project’s impacts.