Livelihoods Venture is a fast-growing social enterprise with projects in Asia, Africa and Latin America. In all our projects we primarily focus on improving the livelihood of local population, protecting and restoring a healthy environment, and creating inclusive economic opportunities.
We do it with in two different yet complementary ways, with the Livelihoods Fund for Family Farming (“L3F”) and the two Livelihoods Carbon Funds (“LCFs”), having a total investment capacity of over 200m EUR for large-scale projects with an investment horizon of 6 to 20 years:
- The L3F, in partnership and with the strong support of industrial players, is supporting their transformation towards ambitious sustainable sourcing from smallholder farmers. With projects in all continents and focusing on a variety of agricultural produces (vanilla, coconut, cocoa, rice etc.), L3F is already working with tens of thousands of people improving their farming practices, yields, restoring their environment and connecting them to the markets in a mutually beneficial way.
- The LCFs, supported by 10+ large corporates committed to climate action, are transforming corporate carbon offsetting needs into ecosystem restoration and protection in Asia, Latin America and Africa to the tangible benefit of rural communities.
All our Funds and activities are strictly governed by the Livelihoods Charter and are action-driven frontrunners in the global context of raising awareness for climate risk and sustainable sourcing. For more information please visit www.livelihoods.eu.
This opportunity is for an experienced and hands-on project development professional to help us make a difference as the need and demand for impactful project is booming. She/he will more particularly work on a scope of:
- Internal carbon project (reforestation, agroforestry, improved cookstoves, REDD etc.) referent, which covers:
- Animation and development of a network of experts who ensure the registration and verification of our projects under the carbon stanradrs;
- Development and adaptation of methodologies and standards necessary for the carbon valorization of projects (carbon credits, insetting, offsetting);
- Support to the structuring and steering of carbon components of projects: coordination of planning and implementation of project carbon activities;
- Build capacity inside the Livelihoods team and provide mentoring on carbon questions.
- Other cross-cutting themes that connect to carbon: Piloting the structuring and implementation of social and environmental impact measurement methodologies adapted to Livelihoods projects
- Direct responsibility in the overall design and management of a few projects in interaction with grassroot NGOs and local partners in a spirit of mentoring, delivering high social and environmental value within the eligibility criteria of our funds.
This is a rare opportunity for a committed individual to fulfill her/his desire to make a large-scale, visible difference in the field. In our fast-growing social enterprise, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and increase her/his responsibilities if she/he demonstrates the right set of skills and delivers on the assignment.
Key qualities of Livelihoods’ Project Coordinators:
- Team leader. Showing the example, bringing inspiration by hands-on experience, expertise and out-of-the-box thinking;
- Didactic. Able to empower your colleagues on complex technical topics. Know how to make a point in a few words, adapt to your public.
- Result-oriented Always have an updated plan A, B and C to deliver on the objectives;
- Empathic. Know your stakeholders, speak their languages, listen to their points of view and understand their agendas;
- Change-embracing. Be open to- and keep a curious eye on- innovation, new plans, new opinions;
- Multi-tasker. Prioritize, deal with pressure, keep track of the progress of several tasks simultaneously and be ready to rearrange priorities in response to new information.
- Good practical knowledge of carbon standards and land use methodologies– Demonstrated familiarity with the design and management of forestry, agriculture or cookstove carbon projects is an asset;
- First-hand development of large-scale environmental restoration projects
- Graduated in agronomy, forestry or have the equivalent hands-on field experience;
- 10 years proven track-record of project management and/or coordination, close to rural communities, demonstrating tangible achievements;
- Track-record of work in developing countries with rural communities, field NGOs, private sector;
- Demonstrated ease with – or strong interest to understand – the basics of project finance.
- English spoken and written with ease, as working language;
- Functional oral French or strong drive to learn it is a plus.
The position is based in Paris, France, with up to 25% travel time; location can be flexible for an outstanding candidate, as long as she/he is in the same time zone, willing to go frequently to Paris and to be permanently reachable and in contact via Skype.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Livelihoods values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Position open as of July 1st, 2019.
Please click here to submit your application: https://recrutement.birdeo.com/524_offre-emploi-senior-carbon-coordinator-h-w.html