We are hiring a Senior Coordinator- Sustainable Agriculture and landscape restoration projects
Livelihoods venture manages several funds that have in common to support rural communities in their efforts to reconcile a sustainable use of natural resources and a tangible improvement of their livelihoods, on the long run. With each project connected to tens of thousands of people over up to 20 years, and implemented by outstanding, local organizations in the field, the Project Coordinators of Livelihoods Venture play a key role to deliver results in line with our ambitious mission. As Livelihoods Funds are quickly growing, we are about to welcome a new Project Coordinator in our staff.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced and result-driven professional to:
- Scout for new project opportunities, in line with the values of the Livelihoods Charter and able to deliver real, measurable transformation in the agricultural or natural landscapes that poor communities rely upon for their livelihoods;
- Analyze opportunities, risks, plan results on the short and long run on the specific local sustainability challenges, based on remote and field observations with a critical, informed and experienced eye;
- Crack technical, technological, organizational issues with a good dose of out-of-the-box thinking, inspired by a good knowledge and understanding of real cases of transformative projects;
- Improve the impact of each project, bringing in science, new perspectives, ideas or emerging technology;
- Connect with best-in-class project leaders in the field, with rural communities, with specialists in science, with local representatives of the private sector, with decision-making instances of our funds, conveying the same information and ideas in different languages;
- Listen and understand points of view and jargons to propose intelligent, practical action plans that create an alignment of stakeholders;
- Drive co-design of technical solutions, aligning technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Coordinate project participants and activities on the long run, being part of project governance, anticipating opportunities and risks, monitoring and achieving results over the whole project lifetime.
Key qualities of our Project Coordinators:
- Result-oriented thinker. Always have an updated plan A, B and C to deliver the objectives;
- Empathic. Know your stakeholders, speak their languages, listen to their points of view and understand their agendas;
- Change-embracing. Be open to- and keep a curious eye on- innovation, new plans, new opinions;
- Didactic. Know how to make a point in a few words, adapt to your public, be able to facilitate informed decision-making;
- Multi-tasker. Prioritize, deal with pressure, keep track of the progress of several tasks simultaneously and be ready to rearrange priorities in response to new information.
- Graduated in agronomy, forestry or have the equivalent hands-on field experience;
- 10 years proven track-record of project management and/or coordination, close to rural communities, demonstrating tangible achievements;
- Track-record of work in developing countries with rural communities, field NGOs, private sector, academics.
- Demonstrated ease with – or strong interest to understand – the basics of project finance
- English spoken and written with ease, as working language
- Spanish is a big differential
- Functional oral French or strong drive to learn it is a plus.
The position is based in Paris, France, with up to 25% travel time. Salary commensurate with experience. Permanent position (“CDI”) under French law, including 5-week holiday, health insurance, extra leave of up to 11 days…
Livelihoods values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Position open as of Dec 1st, 2018.
If you want to be part of the adventure…
Send us your CV and cover letter demonstrating >10 years of relevant professional experience, English fluency and track-record of the above.